[Marxism] Fwd: Still fighting the last war: Syria and the Western peace movement | Middle East Eye

Thomas thomasfbarton at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 31 18:03:42 MDT 2016

“One day while I was in a bunker in Vietnam, a sniper round went over my head.  The person who fired that weapon was not a terrorist, a rebel, an extremist, or a so-called insurgent.  The Vietnamese individual who tried to kill me was a citizen of Vietnam, who did not want me in his country.  This truth escapes millions.”

Mike Hastie
U.S. Army Medic
Vietnam 1970-71