[Marxism] Vote for Clinton?

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:44:13 MDT 2016

Louis,

Remember a couple of weeks ago when you said:

Finally, isn't it time to recognize that the Trump campaign is toast? The
> numbers are devastating:

Well, now most polls  show Clinton's lead cut in half. Reuters has them
neck-in-neck. Any honest stock broker would be issuing a revised estimate
by now. Will you?

As I said, I think talk like that is treacherous and I don't say that light
because I have a great deal of respect for you, but I have to call them
like I see them.

It is only being put forward that Trump will surely lose to calm the fears
of voters who are convinced he is a much greater evil, so that they won't
worry so much and won't feel the need to vote for Clinton who they rightly
detest.

The question of whether he may win or not is something quite separate an
evaluation of his politics, which I want to get into with your Goldwater
quote but I see my lunch hr is drawing to a close so that will have tu wait.

So just on this question: I thought your estimate that the Trump campaign
was toast when you said it. I've laid out all the things that could happen
before 8 Nov. other places, there are many.

Are you now ready to revise your estimate of Trump's chances?

More, later

Clay

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions