[Marxism] Vote for Clinton?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Sep 1 17:54:24 MDT 2016

On 9/1/16 7:44 PM, Clay Claiborne wrote:

> Are you now ready to revise your estimate of Trump's chances?

Clay, let me repeat what I have already said. My political orientation
was based on what I learned from Peter Camejo in the early 80s. I took
an interest in the Greens after attending a standing room only for Ralph
Nader in 2000 and it deepened after Peter became his running mate in
2004. Nader was not running as a Green that year because "Demogreens"
were afraid that he would steal votes from John Kerry.

In other words, I am a strong supporter of the Green Party (even though
I am not a member). I always vote Green, including for Howie Hawkins who
is on Marxmail. Half the editorial board of the North Star website are
involved with the Greens either as candidates (Brandy Baker and Jim
Brash) or as frustrated members (Mark Lause).

I have political principles that I am strongly committed to. One of them
is total opposition to both the Democrats and Republicans. In the best
of all possible worlds, the Labor Party that some leftish AFL-CIO
bureaucrats formed back in the 1980s would have taken off but they
lacked the nerve, just like the Demogreens.

I don't think that the Greens will lead a revolution in the USA that is
so desperately needed but it is a way-station on that path. If something
better came along, I'd hook up with that in a heartbeat. But surely you
must understand by now that I would rather be waterboarded than vote for
Hillary Clinton.