[Marxism] Vote for Clinton?

Andrew Stewart hasc.warrior.stew at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:29:20 MDT 2016

I'd like to interject here something Mumia himself said in a recent column:

If Trump is the price we have to pay to defeat Clintonian neoliberalism –
so be it.

*
(http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/07/19/the-time-is-now-to-defeat-both-trump-and-clintonian-neoliberalism/
<http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/07/19/the-time-is-now-to-defeat-both-trump-and-clintonian-neoliberalism/>)
              *
In other words, Clay, get over yourself. Mumia has been what I view as the
greatest revolutionary thinker in America for decades. If he says it, I'm
more inclined to take his judgments more seriously than this Chicken Little
act. All Trump has done is show the world how awful white Americans
actually are and always were. It is painful and awful to see the violence
he inspires. But that white trash was going to do that anyways without
Trump, all he did was give them a new Tea Partier figurehead, before him it
was Sarah Palin and Glen Beck. Further, I would argue that a) denying that
the fascists in this country are police is itself racist and b) pissing off
his followers by giving Clinton a victory is a very bad idea.

https://rimediacoop.org/2016/07/27/andrew-stewart-if-trump-loses/

----

Message: 11