[Marxism] Fwd: Gramsci and Trotsky

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 2 07:57:00 MDT 2016

In the first part we will concentrate on the Trotsky and Gramsci’s
approaches towards the main strategic lessons of the class struggle in
Europe during the period between the defeat of the German revolution of
1923 and the rise of Hitler a decade later.

In the second part, we will deal with the role of formal-democratic, or
more precisely, radical-democratic slogans, such as those for a
Constituent Assembly, the abolition of the position of president, the
unification of the legislative and executive powers in a single Chamber,
the ability to recall elected representatives and the abolition of
privileges for officials, among others. (3)

We will take as our starting point some of the major elaborations of
Trotsky and Gramsci. We will also develop this in a polemical exchange
with the now classic work by Perry Anderson, The Antinomies of Antonio
Gramsci, and the recent book by Peter Thomas, now an important point of
reference for Gramsci studies today, The Gramscian Moment.

full: http://www.leftvoice.org/Gramsci-and-Trotsky