[Marxism] [UCE] Fwd: Samir Amin: How to Defeat the Collective Imperialism of the Triad - Defend Democracy Press

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Sep 5 16:37:58 MDT 2016

The role of China is very big, because it is, perhaps, the only country
in the world today, which has a sovereign project. That means that it is
trying to establish a pattern of modern industry, in which of course,
private capital has a wide place, but it is under the strict control of
the state.

full:
http://www.defenddemocracy.press/samir-amin-how-to-defeat-the-collective-imperialism-of-the-triad/

What an interesting interpretation. I wonder if Amin has read this:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150402-the-worst-place-on-earth

 From where I'm standing, the city-sized Baogang Steel and Rare Earth
complex dominates the horizon, its endless cooling towers and chimneys
reaching up into grey, washed-out sky. Between it and me, stretching
into the distance, lies an artificial lake filled with a black,
barely-liquid, toxic sludge.

Dozens of pipes line the shore, churning out a torrent of thick, black,
chemical waste from the refineries that surround the lake. The smell of
sulphur and the roar of the pipes invades my senses. It feels like hell
on Earth.

Welcome to Baotou, the largest industrial city in Inner Mongolia. I'm
here with a group of architects and designers called the Unknown Fields
Division, and this is the final stop on a three-week-long journey up the
global supply chain, tracing back the route consumer goods take from
China to our shops and homes, via container ships and factories.