[Marxism] Sexism and turning people off (was I suspect a lot of Syrians . . .)

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:09:53 MDT 2016

" I know he wants to take me down because of my opposition to Stein, but this is not the right way to do it."
Yeah, nobody wants to take you down. Nobody needs to do so.
Posting the following On THIS Discussion to honor Louis' point about laying off the 2016 election, which I take to mean not engaging in whether Marxists should endorse a capitalist candidate. This is me NOT discussing that.
>From Cindy Sheehan, a woman revolutionary with her own spotty record on many issues including race but I have found that often knows what to say and whose side. Wish Cindy would play a role here. However, much of the present discussion on sexism--and racism--likely prevents honest women and men of color from engaging this kind of list.

I offer Cindy's words just so  you see what we're missing sometimes.http://cindysheehanssoapbox.blogspot.com/2016/09/this-labor-day-we-must-fight-for.html
Excerpt: "What would a worker's movement look like? I believe that it would be free from the capitalist parties of War and Wall Street and be oriented around working-peoples' issues--not just workers in the US, but workers around this planet that is mostly under the boot heel of US imperialism. The Wobblies say, "an injury to one is an injury to all," but in the realm of "Big Labor" I see very little solidarity with the people in the Arab world that are being murdered and displaced at a very alarming rate. Instead, I see complete solidarity with the Imperialists.I think most of us in the 99% can rally around workers' issues that would not only improve our lives, but create a world free from imperialism and savage capitalism if they are explained in ways that are constructive and not destructive. "