[Marxism] Will the Chinese whispers become a roar?

John Passant en.passant at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 6 23:19:18 MDT 2016

I know the Australian Labor Party is not going to do a Corbyn or a
Sanders and electrify a mass base with pro-people policies and get them
to fund its activities with small donations. Certainly a ban on
political party donations that allows only small donations by citizens
on the electoral roll is not going to change a party whose 33 years of
neoliberalism are ingrained into its soul and parliamentary
representatives.  The ALP is not going to democratise and give power to
its members because those members are, like the rest of Australian
society, by and large well to the left of politicians. The task is to
build a new politics, a politics that puts people first. That is what I
am trying to do.

http://enpassant.com.au/2016/09/07/will-the-chinese-whispers-become-a-roar/