[Marxism] Fwd: Jill Stein responds to Russian environmentalists - Jill Stein 2016

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Sep 11 18:13:21 MDT 2016

My views regarding Russia, and even my specific statements, have been
grossly misrepresented by certain actors in the media and political
establishment. There is a growing tendency in American politics to label
critics of the established order as agents of Russia working against the
United States. For example, when Wikileaks exposed massive corruption at
the highest levels of the Democratic Party, high-ranking Democratic
party officials and their supporters in the media began attacking
Wikileaks as an alleged agent of Russia, despite their inability to
produce any hard evidence to support this claim. This tactic of smearing
critics as Russian agents is the mirror image of the Putin
administration’s tactic of labeling Putin critics as agents of the West.
It is reminiscent of the shameful history of Russia-baiting attacks
against political opposition leaders like Martin Luther King Jr.

full: http://www.jill2016.com/jill_stein_russian_environmentalists