[Marxism] Fwd: Command and Control | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Sep 13 15:36:41 MDT 2016

When I was seven years old or so, I became terrified of nuclear war. We
participated in “duck and cover” drills in school, which involved
turning your desk on its side and cowering behind it. We saw films in
the auditorium about how to survive a nuclear war and worried about the
possibility of a cobalt bomb being developed, a device that we had heard
could blow the world in half. When driving around with my mom, if I ever
saw a cumulus nimbus cloud, I’d always ask if that was an H-Bomb.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2016/09/13/command-and-control/