[Marxism] FYI - White Helmets at TIFF

mkaradjis . mkaradjis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:33:21 MDT 2016

Pulling children from rubble following airstrikes, providing
life-saving emergency treatment to civilians, getting killed in the
process (97 WH's to date killed, 4 times as many injured), useful
methods for a "regime change" operation?

Quite possibly, when you consider that the regime's entire war is
against civilians. By definition, civilians are the enemy.
Ethnic/sectarian cleansing has now become *the aim* rather than the
mere by-product  of a counterinsurgency war, as it originally was. It
is no coincidence that Iraqi Shiite families of death squad members
have been moved into Darayya after the mostly Sunni population were
recently bombed and starved out. The dispossession of 11 million
people is now turning into an actual Nakbah, with the same aims as the
original, rather than just a coincidental one.

(and I'll go out on a limb here and say that the US-Iran deal ought to
be seen in that context, though most will still be too stuck in older
'truths' to recognise this, but that's just by the way)

So yes, saving civilians, saving children, from catastrophic air
strikes, is an action that undermines the death squad currently in
control of Damascus.