[Marxism] Fwd: Ruins of Lifta; Seed | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 23 17:52:10 MDT 2016

Within the first minute of “Ruins of Lifta”, I immediately recognized
the co-director and principal subject of the documentary about the
Israeli-Palestinian conflict that opened today at the Lincoln Plaza
Cinemas. It was Menachem Daum, a religious Jew from Brooklyn who was
likewise the co-director and principal subject of “Hiding and Seeking”,
a film I reviewed in 2004 that chronicled Daum’s visit to Poland with
his teen-aged sons in an effort to combat the stereotype common among
Jewry, including his sons who were studying in a yeshiva, that the Poles
were almost genetically disposed to anti-Semitism like the Germans were
according to Daniel Goldhagen.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2016/09/23/ruins-of-lifta-seed/