[Marxism] Washington Babylon

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 23 22:02:55 MDT 2016

On 9/23/16 11:51 PM, MM wrote:
> I haven’t seen any of these cited by self-professedly “progressive” people in support of their "anti-imperialism” (unlike the three I mentioned, all of whom I’ve seen invoked).

No, they haven't cited them but if they were consistent they would. The
point is that being "anti-intervention" in Syria means that you are okay
with Assad. This means that Henry Kissinger, Colin Powell and Brent
Snowcroft are "objectively" anti-imperialist. As should be obvious, such
a position has little to do with anti-war movements of the past before
large sections of the left lost its moral compass.