[Marxism] Washington Babylon

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 22:21:46 MDT 2016

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 12:02 AM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
>
> On 9/23/16 11:51 PM, MM wrote:
>> I haven’t seen any of these cited by self-professedly “progressive” people in support of their "anti-imperialism” (unlike the three I mentioned, all of whom I’ve seen invoked).
>

> No, they haven't cited them but if they were consistent they would. The point is that being "anti-intervention" in Syria means that you are okay with Assad. This means that Henry Kissinger, Colin Powell and Brent Snowcroft are "objectively" anti-imperialist. As should be obvious, such a position has little to do with anti-war movements of the past before large sections of the left lost its moral compass.

I don’t disagree with any of that, but I was specifically looking for additional names of former government people who have been embraced by the anti-imperialist camp in defending their atrocious position. I’m curious to see if there’s a pattern that emerges: why Porter, McG and Roberts but not Kissinger and Scowcroft? And I’m not asking for speculation about the difference (although, feel free); I’m asking for specific names of people whose “wisdom” on foreign policy has been cited by our edgier comrades.