[Marxism] Ah, the madness

Stephen Shalom stephenrshalom at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 05:51:27 MDT 2016

Louis Proyect wrote

    I hate Putin but the fact is that Russia has signed a no-first strike
pledge while Obama just refused to do so.

This is not so. In 1993 Russia revoked its 1982 no-first-use pledge,
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/04/world/russia-drops-pledge-of-no-first-use-of-atom-arms.html,
and it continues to have a policy of first-use in specified conditions
(like the US)

http://www.nti.org/learn/countries/russia/nuclear/

For more details from a rightwing think tank, see
http://www.nipp.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/FINAL-FOR-WEB-1.12.16.pdf

Steve Shalom