[Marxism] Fwd: Laura Kipnis’s Battle Against Vulnerability - The New Yorker

William Quimby quimbywm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 12:21:15 MDT 2017

Stepping into a dangerous area :)

Kipnis suggests that a woman has "agency", implying the ability to
determine her goals,
morals, and ideals. Yet the testimonies of the women accusers suggest
that they were
susceptible to devices that undermine agency - "charm" and "desire",
allowing an
opening for manipulation.

So someone please enlighten me... which is it? Is every individual built
just a
little bit differently? Or is it that we are ALL living on a pivot point
between agency
and susceptibility?

- Bill

---