[Marxism] Sanders: 'Make Democrats a party of the working class, not liberal elite'

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 14:06:28 MDT 2017

This might cause a shitstorm here, but I'm going to send it anyways:

"Bernie has now projected "Our Revolution" as, in essence, the start of
a different party even while operating in the Democrat framework by
counterposing the idea of a working class party to a party of the
liberal elite....

"I think that Marxists need to recognize the movement towards something
akin to a social-democratic party that the 'Our Revolution' faction of
the Democratic Party represents, and figure out how to relate to it."

[For my part, I'm in despite the capitalist so-called nature of the
Democratic Party, partly because I don't believe that things have a
"nature" or "essence" or some other invisible dimension that makes them
what they are.]

Full:

http://hatueysashes.blogspot.com/2017/04/sanders-make-democrats-party-of-working.html