[Marxism] Shamus Cooke says stop whining about Assad on Counterpunch

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 17 13:04:47 MDT 2017

On 4/17/17 2:59 PM, David McDonald via Marxism wrote:
> https://davidbyrnemcdonaldiii.com/?p=638

This was my comment about this on FB:

An incredible article from Shamus Cooke arguing that "most" of the left
was focused on how evil Assad was. What left was he talking about? The
people like him, Mike Whitney, John Wight et al that write for
Counterpunch? Salon's Patrick L. Smith? The ubiquitous Vijay Prashad?
Tariq Ali? The official British antiwar movement? ANSWER? The London
Review of Books? Stephen F. Cohen or James Carden writing for The
Nation? Ben Norton and Max Blumenthal in Alternet?

I think he probably means the ISO and New Politics, plus some cranks
like me. I suppose if people like Cooke had any power, they'd have
jailed me years ago.