[Marxism] Question

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Apr 18 16:31:29 MDT 2017

On 4/18/17 5:57 PM, Andrew Stewart wrote:
> The interplay between al Queda and members of the royal family as opposed to the government is well documented.

My advice to Andrew and anybody else interested in these questions is to
read "The Thistle and the Drone" by Akbar Ahmed, which is now online:

https://archive.org/stream/The_Thistle_and_the_Drone_How_Americas_War_on_Terror_Became_a_Global_War_on_Trib/The_Thistle_and_the_Drone_How_Americas_War_on_Terror_Became_a_Global_War_on_Tribal_Islam_by_Akbar_Ahmed_djvu.txt

If you don't have time to read the whole thing, this chapter is essential:

page 43
Bin Laden’s Dilemma:

Balancing Tribal and Islamic Identity