[Marxism] Jeffery Webber and the "pink tide"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Apr 27 10:52:28 MDT 2017

On 4/27/17 12:35 PM, Michael Yates via Marxism wrote:
> If it is true that Webber accuses Marta Harnecker of aiding and abetting a neoliberal con job in Latin America, then he has committed an unbelievable libel against a revolutionary writer and activist. We may disagree with Marta in one way or another. But, if true, this is beyond the pale.

I am working on an article now about Webber's book. He IMPLICITLY views
Michael Lebowitz, Marta and anybody else who wrote positively about Hugo
Chavez as an abettor. He is smart enough to credit Lebowitz as someone
who viewed the mass movement as fundamental to change in Venezuela but
the overall purpose of the book is to liken Chavez et al to Alex Tsipras.