[Marxism] Fwd: At DSA’s Convention, Longtime Members Find Themselves in a Sea of Energetic New Faces | The Nation

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Aug 10 12:08:24 MDT 2017

(Hair on fire, screaming? I had no idea that this what I was up to when
I passed out leaflets for an antiwar demonstration. I guess maybe he was
referring to the Weathermen but who knows.)

But at the convention, it’s the lack of fire that most impresses
Williams. “As I look around the room, I think the people are much more
thoughtful than we were in the 1960s,” he says. “There’s no one here
with their hair on fire, screaming. People are rationally thinking
through important matters, drawing their own conclusions, and
outstripping us on a lot of this stuff.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/at-dsas-convention-long-time-members-find-themselves-in-a-sea-of-energetic-new-faces/