[Marxism] Fwd: Fascism Here We Come: the Rise of the Reactionary Right and the Collapse of “The Left”

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 15 05:46:26 MDT 2017

Conspiratorial and extremist personalities have stepped forward to fill
the left vacuum.  “Left” thinkers embrace authoritarian false prophets
such as Assad in Syria and Putin in Russia, and portray these faux
revolutionaries as on the vanguard of “anti-imperialism,” despite their
repressive domestic human rights records, simply because they are
against American militarism.  Others on the left fall into conspiracism,
embracing 9/11 trutherism, and various “deep state” conspiracies such as
claims that a secret intelligence apparatus was responsible for the JFK
assassination and for framing Nixon for Watergate.  Never mind that
there is a federal recording (made by Nixon himself) in which the former
president openly speaks about paying off the Watergate burglars with
hush money; we wouldn’t want to let evidence get in the way of a good
conspiracy.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/08/15/fascism-here-we-come-the-rise-of-the-reactionary-right-and-the-collapse-of-the-left/