[Marxism] Fwd: Trump’s Business of Corruption | The New Yorker

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Aug 16 06:03:07 MDT 2017

One foreign deal, a stalled 2011 plan to build a Trump Tower in Batumi,
a city on the Black Sea in the Republic of Georgia, has not received
much journalistic attention. But the deal, for which Trump was
reportedly paid a million dollars, involved unorthodox financial
practices that several experts described to me as “red flags” for bank
fraud and money laundering; moreover, it intertwined his company with a
Kazakh oligarch who has direct links to Russia’s President, Vladimir
Putin. As a result, Putin and his security services have access to
information that could put them in a position to blackmail Trump.
(Sekulow said that “the Georgia real-estate deal is something we would
consider out of scope,” adding, “Georgia is not Russia.”)

full:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/08/21/trumps-business-of-corruption