[Marxism] Fwd: Why I attack anyone who shares RT – Kester Ratcliff – Medium

mkaradjis . mkaradjis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 19:08:32 MDT 2017

"I think the better rule is to simply ignore anything RT publishes that is
related to Russia. However there will be times where, for whatever reason,
they cover other things and provide perspective that you won't get in other
broadcast news."

Trouble is, it now goes well beyond what RT says related to Russia.
Look at what it is saying related to the US: that Antifa are
"terrorists" and how dare they attack the democratic rights of Putin's
and Trump's white supremacist allies. With all due respect to the
valid arguments about Antifa's tactics taking place, RT comes from an
entirely different place, to say the least.

By the way, that is what many of us mean by the term "Alt-Left", about
which there has been some confusion, after Trump seized the term to to
refer to the anti-fascists. On the contrary, "Alt-Left" has not been
popularly used that way, but rather to the kind of left that would
hang on to reactionary rags like RT and promote red-brown convergence,
probably agree with Trump that both sides were equally bad in
Charlottesville. On that: I was very disappointed with the article by
Chris Hedges posted here a a couple of days ago - in contrast to many
of the excellent discussion pieces criticising Antifa tactics (the
piece posted by Louis from Leighton Woodhosue stands out), Hedges'
piece, from the title to the content, was moral equivalence, all the
way through. I wondered if it was just because he is a liberal, even a
very good one. But even liberals are criticising Trump's moral
equivalence on this (whereas Hedges echoed Trump). So I wonder if it
is relatedto Hedges' unfortunate association with RT.