[Marxism] Fwd: The Ossington Circle Episode 16: The Destruction of Syria and Solidarity with Max Ajl | podur.org

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 1 19:06:12 MST 2017

Just stumbled across this conversation between a couple of academic
Assadists--Max Ajl and Justin Podur. I plan to write something about
this because it really exhibits the twisted logic of "pro-Palestinian"
activists that back Assad. What I find so shocking is their complaint
about a virtual hegemony on the left of people expressing ideas like
mine or Gilbert Achcar. Are they fucking out of their minds? For every
single piece I write about Syria, there are at least 50 by people like
Eva Bartlett, Patrick Lawrence, Robert Parry, et al. They remind me of
the Hans Christian Andersen tale about the pea and the princess. She
went to bed on 20 mattresses but couldn't get to sleep because a single
pea under the bottom mattress made that impossible.

I am like that pea.

https://podur.org/index.php/node/1163