[Marxism] Fwd: Eric Blanc: The Ballot and the Break (the case of the Mn. Farmer-Labor Party).

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Dec 4 19:45:47 MST 2017

On 12/4/17 9:23 PM, DW via Marxism wrote:
> Eric Blank goes "Dirty Break" on the Democrats using the Minn. Farmer-Labor
> Party as an example...
>   Or does he?
>
> The Ballot and the Break
> By Eric Blanc <https://www.jacobinmag.com/author/eric-blanc>
>
> Minnesota’s Farmer-Labor Party, the most successful labor party in US
> history, is rich in lessons for challenging the two-party system.

Blanc digs into historical minutiae like the slogan for a democratic
dictatorship of the proletariat and the peasantry, and now Farmer-Labor
candidates running in the DP (and Republican, I believe) primaries
without connecting them to the present-day. No wonder Jacobin runs the
article because they are steeped in DSA inside-outside crapola. If Blanc
was serious about the relevance of this, he'd connect it to the DSA's
neo-Fabian politics. Or, for that matter, he'd answer my question about
if the fucking "democratic dictatorship of the proletariat and the
peasantry" was so superior to Trotsky's permanent revolution, why did it
lead to such a disaster in China in 1927?