[Marxism] Eric Blanc: The Ballot and the Break (the case of the Mn. Farmer-Labor Party).

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Tue Dec 5 00:45:57 MST 2017

I recently joined DSA.  We do not need a "French Turn"  That was a sectarian destructive tactic that resulted in

only harming any needed effort for a large united left. This is an example of bad education promoted in the US SWP

to justify their wrong approach that we often see being done by other more recent groups such as the U. S. Sparticist League.

They oppose all other independent actions and movements - and counterpose their group as the only real choice. They remind

me of religious fanatics and not caring about our class but looking down with arrogance against all "not as aware as them".

Leon Trotsky was wrong in advocating a split, as he was on some other things, such as how he handled the awful murderous Stalin.

How did the workers in France, the United States or elsewhere benefit with these weakened social democrat groups facing the fascists?

Placing "the party" over the interests of the working class, is just bad politics for some ego insecurity to show "superiority" and being

so "smart" over working and building an effective left. Being isolated, "pure" and correct, is not what is needed.

After decades of "party building" since the failed 1970's - can we not learn that what must be done - is to build and educate - and

not just be arrogant and religious in approach - to show how knowledgeable we are.  You can stay in your little isolated and ineffective

vanguard parties that repeat the same mistakes, or learn we need a very different and better model and how to be effective for our

class and not just personal ego needs.

Help build a broad united effective left - and help share your knowledge and join with new and old comrades to create a better DSA.

To not be effective and isolated only benefits our class enemies.  Helping our class helps each other, whatever tactical differences that

we have.  We just do not have the time to wait for something better.  The capitalists and other fascist elements are not waiting but

carrying out exploitation and harm to our planet and all life on it.