[Marxism] [pen-l] Fwd: Is a Controversial Nuclear Plant to Blame for Soaring Thyroid Cancer Rates in New York? | Alternet

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Dec 6 06:30:21 MST 2017

On 12/5/17 12:52 PM, DW via Marxism wrote:

> This paper (from the link posted by Louis P.)  has "junk science / quack
> medicine" stamped in red all over it, for a number of reasons.

This is ridiculous. The study, which was conducted under the auspices of
Columbia University and not Gary Null, simply states:

"The data do not represent conclusive proof of a cause-and-effect
association, but are a reminder of the need to conduct more studies
addressing the issue of potential spatial relations between
environmental iodine and local risk of thyroid cancer."

I understand that David and Marty Goodman are pro-nuclear but really...