[Marxism] A look at recent Assadist propaganda

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Dec 12 13:12:08 MST 2017

Two articles have surfaced recently that deserve commentary from those
plucky few of us who have not joined Robert Fisk, Stephen Kinzer, David
Bromwich, David Duke and millions of other intellectuals, journalists,
politicians and self-described anti-imperialists in rallying around Bashar
al-Assad. Years ago, when I first joined the Trotskyist movement, old
friends from my bohemian days used to tell me that my new-found radicalism
was some sort of psychological overcompensation related to unresolved
issues with my mother that a therapist could help me overcome. Do I have
the same problem today? Is my objection to MIG’s bombing hospitals a
neurotic symptom? If so, I prefer to live with it.

full:
https://louisproyect.org/2017/12/12/a-look-at-recent-assadist-propaganda/