[Marxism] Fwd: Dr. Gabor Maté on Donald Trump, Traumaphobia, and Compassion: An Interview | The Fix

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 22 16:59:12 MST 2017

People keep saying that Trump is doing everything he can to destroy
Obama’s legacy, but I see it differently. I believe Trump is Obama’s
legacy. Barack Obama raised a lot of optimistic and idealistic hopes in
a lot of Americans. For either systemic or personal reasons or a
combination of both, he was not able to deliver on them or admit that he
was unable to deliver on them. The resulting disillusionment caused by
such a profound letdown had a whole lot to do with Trump’s election.
What we are looking at is a systemic reaction and not just the
individual quirks of a somewhat bizarre personality.

full:
https://www.thefix.com/dr-gabor-mate-donald-trump-traumaphobia-and-compassion-interview