[Marxism] More on the CounterPunch/Alice Donovan story

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Dec 27 06:53:24 MST 2017

"Alice Donovan" was identified as a Russian bot in September in the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/politics/russia-facebook-twitter-election.html

Also, check Jeff St. Clair's article that has been updated to show how
much of her stuff was plagiarized.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/12/25/go-ask-alice-the-curious-case-of-alice-donovan-2/

I think that to a large extent the power of electronic publishing tends
to make it vulnerable to fake identities, plagiarism, etc. Years ago
when I was writing for Swans, none of this could have happened since
Gilles d'Aymery developed relationships with his contributors. It is
also less likely to happen with well-funded outlets like AlterNet but
they tend to suck.

I'll stick with CounterPunch, warts and all.