[Marxism] Iran protest

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Dec 31 13:43:51 MST 2017

On 12/31/17 2:18 PM, Ron Jacobs via Marxism wrote:
> Actually, there's plenty of doubt....the fact that MEK and pro- shah
> factions are some of the loudest cheerleaders is just one reason to doubt
> the veracity of that statement.

Ron Jacobs:

One disturbing aspect of Mossaddessin’s text is his referral to the
support that the NCRI and PMOI [MEK] have received from various members
of the US government. Especially disturbing is his quoting of Daniel
Pipes, the neoconservative apologist for the worst of Israel’s
oppressive tactics in Palestine. One would think that he would see this
support for what it truly is: an attempt to manipulate these
organizations into doing Washington’s dirty work in replacing the
theocratic regime in Iran. Conversations I have had with grassroots
supporters of the PMOI, however, make it clear that the majority of its
members understand that their revolutionary vision of Islam is no more
palatable to US goals for the region than that of the fundamentalists.

full:
https://www.counterpunch.org/2004/04/09/a-review-of-quot-enemies-of-the-ayatollahs-quot/