[Marxism] Black bloc

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Feb 7 08:51:24 MST 2017

On 2/7/17 10:30 AM, from_alamut--- via Marxism wrote:

> black bloc is a tactic not an organization. There have been white overall blocs, clown blocs, radical cheerleading blocs, etc.

I don't think that clown blocs are a problem even though some people are
frightened by clowns. Anyhow, whether it is a group or a tactic, it is
fucked up. Knocking over garbage cans, setting bonfires and breaking
windows has nothing to do with the entire history of Marxism. It is a
variant on the anarchist propaganda of the deed. I have developed an
enormous respect for anarchism over the past 5 years, largely because
the comrades never gave an inch to the crypto-Stalinism that allowed so
many on the left to back Assad but that does not mean that the black
bloc tactic is anything but infantile ultraleftism.