[Marxism] Fwd: Trump Administration Prepares to Execute “Vicious” Executive Order on Deportations

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 20:07:17 MST 2017

Actually, this isn't coming, it has already been going on.

And we should be clear that it began under the most rabidly racist,
viciously anti-immigrant president in U.S. history, Barack Obama, who
carried out nearly three million deportations in his 8 years in office
and slammed the door on refugees --mostly women and children-- fleeing
the violence, terror and misery that the U.S. war on drugs has created
in central America and Mexico.

But what about the wall, you say? Read Trump's Executive Order:

1) Wall means fence or any other sort of physical barrier

2) Trump is not proposing any new barrier.

3) He asks Congress for money to complete the barrier provided for in
the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act,
and expanded by the 2006 Secure Fence Act.

Lest we forget, that was President Clinton's Illegal Immigration Reform
and Immigrant Responsibility Act.

And the Secure Fence Act was the one supported by the majority of
Democrats in Congress including Senators Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton,
Joe Biden, Barbara Boxer and Chuck Schumer. Ted Kennedy missed the floor
vote but did vote for the fence in committee.

So credit where credit is due: don't call it Trump's wall, call it the
Clinton-Clinton-Obama-Kennedy-Biden-Boxer-Schumer-Trump Wall, except
it's really a fence.

Trump wants to convince everyone his administration will be even more
savagely anti-immigrant than Obama's. But if he succeeds, it will be
only because the Democrats spent the last quarter century paving the way.

But at least with Trump nobody is going to be blowing smoke up our ass
about how he's really our friend.

And to get to a President that at least as a candidate proposed a
completely different approach than the escalating repression we've had
since Bill Clinton took office you have to go back here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5CEX4O0Ab4&feature=youtu.be&t=2m03s

Think about why so many people have suddenly developed severe amnesia
when it comes to remembering that its been open season against
immigrants for years now, and who they're going to tell us is going to
save us from Trump's persecution.

Joaquín