[Marxism] Fwd: Gallup poll: Trump approval rating at new low - CNNPolitics.com

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Feb 13 15:58:59 MST 2017

On 2/13/17 5:47 PM, Gary MacLennan wrote:
> What worries me is that he is getting 40% approval rating.  Who are
> those guys?
>
> comradely
>
> Gary

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/04/conspiracy-theory-poll-results-.html

Conspiracy Theory Poll Results

On our national poll this week we took the opportunity to poll 20
widespread and/or infamous conspiracy theories.  Many of these theories
are well known to the public, others perhaps to just the darker corners
of the internet.  Here’s what we found:

-          37% of voters believe global warming is a hoax, 51% do not.
Republicans say global warming is a hoax by a 58-25 margin, Democrats
disagree 11-77, and Independents are more split at  41-51. 61% of Romney
voters believe global warming is a hoax

-          6% of voters believe Osama bin Laden is still alive

-          21% of voters say a UFO crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947 and
the US government covered it up. More Romney voters (27%) than Obama
voters (16%) believe in a UFO coverup

-          28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist
agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an
authoritarian world government, or New World Order.  A plurality of
Romney voters (38%) believe in the New World Order compared to 35% who don’t

-          28% of voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11
attacks.  36% of Romney voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in
9/11, 41% do not

-          20% of voters believe there is a link between childhood
vaccines and autism, 51% do not

-          7% of voters think the moon landing was faked

-          13% of voters think Barack Obama is the anti-Christ,
including 22% of Romney voters

-          Voters are split 44%-45% on whether Bush intentionally misled
about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. 72% of Democrats think Bush
lied about WMDs, Independents agree 48-45, just 13% of Republicans think so

-          29% of voters believe aliens exist

-          14% of voters say the CIA was instrumental in creating the
crack cocaine epidemic in America’s inner cities in the 1980’s

-          9% of voters think the government adds fluoride to our water
supply for sinister reasons (not just dental health)

-          4% of voters say they believe “lizard people” control our
societies by gaining political power

-          51% of voters say a larger conspiracy was at work in the JFK
assassination, just 25% say Oswald acted alone

-          14% of voters believe in Bigfoot

-          15% of voters say the government or the media adds
mind-controlling technology to TV broadcast signals (the so-called
Tinfoil Hat crowd)

-          5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is
actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons

-          15% of voters think the medical industry and the
pharmaceutical industry “invent” new diseases to make money

-          Just 5% of voters believe that Paul McCartney actually died
in 1966

-          11% of voters believe the US government allowed 9/11 to
happen, 78% do not agree