[Marxism] Fwd: ‘I Inherited a Mess,’ Trump Says, Defending His Performance - The New York Times

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Feb 16 18:07:29 MST 2017

But the session was marked by an extraordinarily raw and angry defense
the likes of which has never been seen in a modern White House. At times
abrupt, often rambling, characteristically boastful yet seemingly pained
at the portrayals of him, Mr. Trump seemed intent on reproducing the
energy and excitement of his campaign after a month of grinding
governance. He returned repeatedly to his contest with Hillary Clinton
and at one point plaintively pleaded for understanding.

“The tone is such hatred,” he said, referring to the commentary about
him on cable television. “I’m really not a bad person.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/us/politics/trump-news-conference.html