[Marxism] Once there was Deep Throat now there is ...

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:11:02 MST 2017

http://www.alternet.org/trump-vs-deep-state

A friend sent me the above link to an article on the Deep State versus
Trump.  Frankly I don't know what to make of it. I am too far away from the
American scene.  Nor do I know what to make of the whole Russia Phobia
"thang" that seems to be settling around Trump like shit to a blanket.

I have always had the attitude of staying way from the Secret Police and
part of that has been not to think about them, never mind write about
them.  But two remarks stick in my mind.  Recently Richard Seymour opined
that Bannon was taking on the State and he was up against it as the
American state is labyrinthine.  The other remark that has influenced me
over the years was Poulantzas' comment that power can from from one sector
of the state to another as the need of the capitalist class demands it. For
example in 1975 power flowed to the largely ceremonial Office of the
Governor of Australia, Sir John Kerr, and he sacked the Labor Prime
Minister, Gough Whitlam.

So if sections of the State are taking on Trump, what are we to make of it?
My personal attitude is summed up in the saying "When rogues fall out,
honest men get into their own".

But I would be very interested to hear what other, especially American,
comrades think.

comradely

Gary