[Marxism] Fwd: ZCommunications » The Indiana Democratic Party is Dead

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Feb 17 06:14:16 MST 2017

Tonight, I attended a town hall meeting featuring John Zody, the utterly
uninspiring and banal Chairman of the Indiana Democratic Party. The
meeting was as informative and inspiring as it was frustrating and sad.
Without doubt, the Indiana Democratic Party is in serious trouble. In a
county that’s 48% people of color, less than five of the 65 folks in
attendance were black or brown.

Honestly, I actually feel bad for the party and its die-hard supporters.
That’s no bullshit. They’re so fractured and disorganized it’s almost
unbelievable. For instance, the so-called leaders of the Lake County
Democrats were too busy drinking Budweisers at the VFW bar to even pay
attention to what most of their constituents were saying. That’s the
level of respect the Democratic Party gives its people.

Mark Lopez, the top aide for Rep. Pete Visclosky (D-IN), spent the night
walking around the room, making sly remarks under his breath, and
shaking hands with the local drunks and criminals who operate the party
at the county level. If you don’t know the history of the Democratic
Party in Chicago or Lake County, Indiana, please, do some our research.

At this point, I’m convinced that anyone who thinks they’re going to
reform the Democratic Party is not only wrong, they are completely out
of touch with reality. The Democratic Party resembles a walking zombie
that doesn’t even realize it’s dead yet. That’s how bad tonight was, at
least in terms of what people should expect for the future of the
Indiana Democratic Party.

full: https://zcomm.org/zcommentary/the-indiana-democratic-party-is-dead/