[Marxism] Fwd: Jaco in the bin | s0metim3s

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Feb 17 18:34:55 MST 2017

(I have not read the Jacobin article so I am reserving judgement on this.)

The current edition of Jacobin includes the most recent iteration of a
push within social democratic circles and organizations to support
strong border controls in the wake of the US Presidential election. It’s
not only or quite that however.

Since the US is not really lacking in border controls, and since
cheering on what already exists renders Jacobin irrelevant at the level
of existing state policy, it’s impossible to read this is something
other than a call for social democratic parties to align with the far
Right over a support for borders and against current re-alignments
between antifa and anti-racists, since Trump’s election and in
preparation for the next election cycle. It is a telling filial choice.
But they have been nothing if not consistent in their adherence to the
most normative, oikonomic cast of ‘the political,’ on issues of racism
as much as gender and sexuality. Plainly Jacobin have decided to enhance
Breitbart‘s business model with better fonts.

full: https://s0metim3s.com/2017/02/16/jaco-bin/