[Marxism] Fwd: Jaco in the bin | s0metim3s

Tristan Sloughter t at crashfast.com
Fri Feb 17 18:59:05 MST 2017

This is full of stretches:

"The editors of Jacobin had already announced their intention to press
for more voluble support for border controls, in various contexts and
articles."

This sentences links to the article by Sam Gindin where he says, "To
simply assert the righteousness of fully open borders in the present
context of economic insecurity cannot help but elicit a backlash and
will ultimately do little for refugees and future immigrants". I
completely disagree with Gindin's argument that we shouldn't continue to
stand firmly behind open borders, but his article is not the editors of
Jacobin announcing anything at all.

The same goes for the Die Linke article, proper link:
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/02/die-linke-germany-sahra-wagenknecht-immigration-xenophobia-afd/

Thinking these views reflect the opinion of the editors of Jacobin is
wrong. This doesn't mean there shouldn't be push back when they publish
articles we disagree with, they can always do better. Their articles on
Syria are a clear case of publishing absolute shit for a period and then
turning it around.