[Marxism] Fwd: Jaco in the bin | s0metim3s

Sophia Burns sophia.burns at protonmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:54:35 MST 2017

Yeah, it's definitely a misrepresentation of Jacobin's editorial line. Gindin was profoundly and dangerously wrong when he said we should drop the open borders position, but "liberalized but not open" is different from "heighten border controls." And it's just disingenuous to present Jacobin as endorsing Wagenknecht's position given that just last month, they ran something by a member of Die Linke that rejected Wagenknecht's position as pandering to AFD, the political establishment, and xenophobic racism: httpsj/die-linke-germany-sahra-wagenknecht-refugees-afd/

Let's criticize Jacobin when they're wrong (and any accommodation to xenophobia is obviously wrong), but that doesn't mean distorting the facts in what comes off as a bad-faith dismissal, to be frank.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile