[Marxism] Fwd: I'm an Arab actor who's been asked to audition for the role of terrorist more than 30 times. If La La Land cleans up at the Oscars, I'm done | The Independent

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Feb 24 11:01:52 MST 2017

I’ve worked as a professional performer in the UK since the age of 12 –
and my Arab heritage has pitted me against some pretty awful racial
profiling in the industry. My first film job at the age of 14 – Steven
Spielberg’s Munich – featured me as an Islamic terrorist’s son. Needless
to say, that was an explosive introduction into showbusiness.

I’m now 26, and in my career, I’ve been sent nearing 30 scripts for
which I’ve been asked to play terrorists on screen. Roles have varied
from ones as meaty as “Suspicious Bearded Man on Tube” to “Muslim man
who hides his bombs in a deceptive burka”.

full:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/oscars-la-la-land-moonlight-arab-muslim-actor-audition-terrorist-i-am-done-a7595261.html