[Marxism] Fwd: White House bars Daily News, multiple outlets from press briefing - NY Daily News

Thomas thomasfbarton at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 25 16:52:45 MST 2017

 Yes.  Noticed the same shift some time ago, maybe a year or more. My recollection is that it started with coverage of unarmed African-Americans killed by police.  I recall thinking how unusual it was to find this coverage in the Daily News.  Originally Juan Gonzalez stuck out as kind of lefty; then with the transformation, blending in to the rest.

Well with digging into the story, along with two other journalism shifts:  1.  The very recent disappearance of most of the New York City edition of the Wall Street Journal, now down Monday-Thursday to two sections, instead of four, with the formerly separate New York City section merged into the back of the front page section and

2. The incredible shrinking Rolling Stone Magazine hard copy; cut down nearly into comic books size, and many less pages.