[Marxism] Fwd: Before Lenin: Bolshevik Theory and Practice in February 1917 Revisited | Historical Materialism

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:32:52 MST 2017

An important article, IMO, and I'm very much looking forward to the next
installment.

Wherever we all eventually come down on the question of who proposed what,
when and why, the implicit thread in the article is that seizing power was
necessary and correct, and Eric's aim is to seek to prove that all
Bolsheviks did share that goal strategically if not always tactically.

This matters for today of course when everyone from the Pink Tide to the
CPs in the Philippines, South Africa, etc., still adhere to a "two-stage"
revolution in theory and outright capitulation to the bourgeoisie in
practice.