[Marxism] Fwd: The Russia Story Reaches a Crisis Point - Rolling Stone

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 13 08:41:02 MST 2017

By Matt Taibbi

Meanwhile, Ynet in Israel is reporting that Israeli intelligence
officials are deciding not to share intelligence with the incoming Trump
administration. The report indicates they came to this conclusion after
a recent meeting with American intelligence officials, who told them the
Russians have "leverages of pressure" to use against Trump.
This is an extraordinary story. If our intelligence community really
believes this, then playtime is over.

No more Clapper-style hedging or waffling. If Israel gets to hear why
they think Trump is compromised, how is the American public not also so
entitled?

But if all they have are unverifiable rumors, they can't do this, not
even to Donald Trump.

The only solution is an immediate unveiling of all the facts and an
urgent public investigation. A half-assed whispering campaign a week and
a half from a Trump presidency, with BuzzFeed at the center of the
action, isn't going to cut it. We need to know what the likes of Clapper
and Comey know, and we need it all now, before it's too late.

full:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-russia-story-reaches-a-crisis-point-w460806