[Marxism] Fwd: Trotsky in January 1917: “Bronx Man Leads Russian Revolution” | The Russian Revolution | History & Theory | Front page articles

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jan 15 07:45:50 MST 2017

Trotsky recalled his first impressions of the city in his 1930
autobiography, My Life: “Here I was in New York, city of prose and
fantasy, of capitalist automatism, its streets a triumph of cubism, its
moral philosophy that of the dollar. New York impressed me tremendously
because, more than any other city in the world, it is the fullest
expression of our modern age.”

https://www.marxist.com/trotsky-in-january-1917-bronx-man-leads-russian-revolution.htm