[Marxism] more details on Henry Foner?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jan 19 16:30:15 MST 2017

On 1/19/17 6:10 PM, David Chambers wrote:
> Louis,
>
> Greetings. I heard from Lawrence Busch at Jewish Currents that Henry
> Foner died earlier this month.
>
> I started his profile on Wikpedia:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Foner I searched online for news of
> his demise and found your post, currently the only online source I could
> find for his death. Do you know of people who might contribute more to
> his profile?
>
> Gratefully - David
>
> DAVID CHAMBERS | 1-202-486-0388 | info at whittakerchambers.org |
> http://www.whittakerchambers.org/ |
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidchambershistorian

I would get in touch with Phil Brown who used to have Henry speak at his
Catskill Mountains conferences. Check out the audiotapes here that have
Henry talking about the left in the Catskills and on musicians there. As
you might know, the only work he could get when he was blacklisted was
leading a mambo band in the Borscht Belt.

http://www.brown.edu/Research/Catskills_Institute/audio.shtml

Phil's contact information is here: http://www.northeastern.edu/philbrown/