[Marxism] Fwd: We Can Make the Nazis Back Down | Jacobin

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jan 26 11:48:00 MST 2017

Thirdly, Montana is an open-carry state. Consequently, when antifascist
forces started talking about armed direct action, it created a real
sense of panic. As I repeatedly explained to them in long-distance
midnight calls, these antifascists had not laid any groundwork in
introducing, much less explaining themselves or their tactics. I could
easily envision a confrontation between armed Nazis on one side and
armed non-local anarchists on the other. Obviously, that would have been
an unbelievable disaster in every respect.

I thought any three of these scenarios would have been profoundly
demoralizing and would have represented a significant setback for both
the Whitefish community and for all of us trying to build a strong
resistance to all that Trump enables and represents.

full:
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/01/alt-right-whitefish-montana-antifascist-richard-spencer-protest/