[Marxism] the protests in NY

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 23:55:19 MST 2017

I have seen small clips of the thousands chanting "let them in" in response
to the shocking brutality of Trump's executive order.  Truly it is the
pulse of freedom that carries people out into the freezing night to support
their fellow humans. I salute every one of them. They carry our hopes that
we can survive the onslaught from the crypto-fascist buffoon that occupies
the White House. I look at him and think of these line from Macbeth

*CAITHNESS*
Great Dunsinane he strongly fortifies.
Some say he’s mad, others that lesser hate him
Do call it valiant fury. But, for certain,
He cannot buckle his distempered cause
Within the belt of rule.

*CAITHNESS*
He is fortifying his castle at Dunsinane with heavy defenses. Some say he’s
insane. Those who hate him less call it brave anger. One thing is certain:
he’s out of control.

*ANGUS*
Now does he feel
His secret murders sticking on his hands.
Now minutely revolts upbraid his faith-breach.
Those he commands move only in command,
Nothing in love. Now does he feel his title
Hang loose about him, like a giant’s robe
Upon a dwarfish thief.

comradely

Gary