[Marxism] The U.S. hasn't won a war in 70 years and Trump's buildup can't fix that

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 23:58:37 MST 2017

John, I take up Grenada and Kuwait in my piece: I did not ignore them.

It seems to me you're complaining that I did not write a different
article. I addressed major, direct U.S. military interventions. I did
not take up coups nor surrogate wars nor how deadly U.S. weapons are,
nor how evil imperialism is. I did not mean for my headline to be read
as expansively as you do.

I am addressing a very specific but important point: why direct American
military interventions do not work. CIA-type stuff is different. The CIA
is --or at least was-- very conscious of the political dimension of even
its most militaristic operations. It could be very wrong and about the
politics, like in the Bay of Pigs, but it has not ignored them.

Joaquín